Alter-G Anti-Gravity Treadmill
State-of-the-Art Senior Rehabilitation Treadmill from AlterG
Mobility Meets Stability
The Anti-Gravity Treadmill® gets mobility-impaired patients back on their feet and on the road to achieving a better quality of life. During rehabilitation, the Anti-Gravity Treadmill will help you attain greater mobility by:
- Providing support and confidence to start walking and take more steps in comfort.
- Enabling you to walk or even jog further, faster and with more stability than you may have previously thought possible.
- Preventing falls, which increases comfort and confidence during rehab and beyond.
- Improving health and wellness and helping you achieve more independence in your day-to-day life.
Do More for Seniors
Using advanced unweighting technology to provide unsurpassed support, safety and stability, the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill is ideal for senior patients recovering from neurologic and orthopedic-related injuries. The Anti-Gravity Treadmill also provides long-term care patients a way to safely improve their functional mobility and overall health.
AlterG Does More in Senior Rehabilitation
The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill’s ability to safely unweight the user means you can:
- Reduce stress on joints and injured areas of the lower body.
- Exercise when you otherwise might not be able to because of pain, stress, or instability.
- Potentially prevent functional decline and enable greater independence during essential activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, getting up from a chair, and using the bathroom.
For Quality of Life
The Anti-Gravity Treadmill helps you achieve greater independence, which results in more quality time with your family and time to enjoy the things you love. The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill enables rehabilitation therapists to give you the care you need to live your life to the fullest.
Alter-G For Health & Wellness
Thanks to its precise unweighting technology, the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® allows you to push your training and physical therapy rehabilitation further than ever before. You can:
- Reduce gravity’s impact by selecting any weight between 20% and 100% of your body weight by 1% increments
- Rehabilitate lower extremity injuries with less pain and less impact
- Improve mobility, strength and safety for those with neurological conditions
- Provide a safe way to lose weight and exercise more intensively while unweighted
- Train without pain and reduce the stress to joints and muscles
- Recover effectively and with less pain after training or competition
Find Your Form
The innovative AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill is a game changer in physical therapy rehabilitation. Whether you’re a patient or an athlete dealing with lower body injuries, chronic pain or neurological conditions that inhibit mobility, you can benefit from the unweighting capabilities of the Anti-Gravity Treadmill. The Anti-Gravity Treadmill helps a broad spectrum of people – top level athletes, orthopedic and neurological patients, children, seniors and those looking to lose weight – to achieve their personal health, wellness or performance goals.
The AlterG Difference
With its unique unweighting capabilities, the Anti-Gravity Treadmill allows you and your physical therapist to move your training and rehabilitation forward by:
- Allowing you to walk or run with no pain while maintaining a normal gait
- Reducing stress on joints and injured areas of your lower body
- Giving you the confidence and ability to run or walk longer and recover faster with less pain
The Next Step in Physical Therapy Rehabilitation
Unlike any other piece of training equipment available, the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill can take you further, faster than you ever thought possible after surgery, injury or other mobility impairment.
Alter-G For Athletes
Improve Sport Injury Rehab & Athlete Training with AlterG
A New Personal Best
Whether returning from a sports related injury or simply wishing to train with less stress, you can take your fitness to the next level with the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®’s innovative NASA-patented technology. With the Anti-Gravity Treadmill, you can:
- Push your training sessions further and longer with less risk of injury.
- Maintain and develop fitness while rehabilitating from injury or surgery.
- Easily track progress during training and rehabilitation with precise unweighting.
- Potentially return to competition sooner.
At Home Anywhere
The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill is ideal for all types of athletes including top-level pros, weekend warriors, and university/high school athletes. From elite athlete training centers to sports medicine rehab clinics, physical therapy facilities and even in-home, the Anti-Gravity Treadmill is the key to elevating your training and sports injury rehab, and as a result, achieve your personal best.
A True Training Partner
As an athlete, incorporating the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill into your training and sports injury rehab programs enables you to:
- Build confidence and achieve a quick and full recovery.
- Prolong your career by giving you a way to build endurance and leg strength without the usual pounding and impact on your body
- Maintain and develop cardiovascular fitness during the rehabilitation process
- Reduce the risk of developing bad habits and maintain your normal gait and biomechanics during rehab
- Run longer and recover faster with less pain
- Gradually progress and easily adjust the intensity of your workout
- Minimize impact that can lead to injury or derail rehab programs
- Work on your technique in a safe environment
The perfect tool for aging athletes to prolong their career. The Anti-Gravity Treadmill enables the older athlete to maintain and even increase endurance and leg strength, without the usual pounding such training entails. Quickly becoming the secret weapon of top pro athletes, the Anti-Gravity Treadmill is increasingly being used at home as a central training tool for those players who want to remain healthy and strong, into their 30’s and 40’s and beyond.
Have you recently undergone an invasive surgical procedure? Do you suffer from foot, ankle, hip, or knee pain that makes running or moving an uncomfortable feat? Do you have an underlying condition that makes joint or muscle pain feel chronic?
These are all common conditions that can be extremely uncomfortable, making you feel limited in your mobility. Pain is inconvenient and isolating, making many people feel as if they are unable to do the activities they used to love. Fortunately, at Orthopedic & Balance Therapy Specialists, we have the experience, methods, and tools you need to relieve your pain and reclaim your mobility. If you identify with any of these scenarios, you may benefit from our Highland, Crown Point, Valparaiso & LaPorte, IN AlterG Treadmill treatments – the only anti-gravity treadmill.
What is the AlterG Treadmill?
The term “anti-gravity” admittedly makes it sound like a contraption from a science-fiction universe. In reality, this treadmill was created using advanced contemporary science and technology. The Differential Air Pressure (DAP) technology has been patented by NASA, allowing for a precise calibration of air pressure. The pressurized mechanics of the treadmill act to “unweight” the patient while the machine is in use. By doing so, the patient is able to use the treadmill by seemingly “floating” above it – allowing them to complete their exercise treatments without the harsh foot-to-treadmill impact you get with normal gravity.
Post-operative patients are the prime candidates for the AlterG Treadmill. Patients are strapped into the middle of it, with their feet enclosed in the pressurized case. By safely securing patients, they are able to use the weight-bearing treadmill freely, without pressure on their legs or the fear of falling off of it. Other conditions that have shown improvement through the AlterG Treadmill include tendinitis, obesity, arthritis, osteoporosis, plantar fasciitis, shin splints, spine fusions, stress fractures, neurological disorders, complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD), and total joint replacement.
How will AlterG benefit me?
This device will reduce the impact of your body weight by 80% while in use. It is a form of treatment that can be beneficial to anyone – athletes, seniors, patients working through physical rehabilitation, etc. It provides some much-needed relief that most other treatments simply are not able to do. By releasing the gravitational pressure of your body, the AlterG Treadmill is able to help you comfortably restore your normal walking, jogging, running, and moving mechanics. It also promotes strengthening exercises that heal damaged tissue and build more muscle. All of
this adds up to a much safer, quicker, and comfortable recovery than you may experience without it.
The AlterG technology provides a controlled environment for patients to exercise and heal. This allows them to return to doing the activities they love much faster than they may have anticipated. By getting back into physical activity as quickly as possible, patients are able to avoid unwanted risks, such as swelling and inflammation, weakened muscles, or even atrophy.
How do I get started?
At Orthopedic & Balance Therapy Specialists, we are dedicated to creating the best physical therapy treatment plan for your specific needs. After your consultation, your Highland, Crown Point, Valparaiso & LaPorte, IN physical therapist will perform a physical evaluation to see where your problem areas are and what the best course of action will be for reversing those problems. During this time, your physical therapist will determine if the AlterG Treadmill is right for you.
Our trained physical therapists are dedicated to supporting you through every step of your treatment. They will help you move through each new therapy and exercise, noting your progress as you excel through rehabilitation and strengthening programs, and watching as your success inspires other patients to reach their goals. If you are experiencing pain or discomfort, give our Highland, Crown Point, Valparaiso & LaPorte, IN office a call today to set up a consultation with one of our physical therapists. We’ll get you moving on the right track to recovery and long-lasting relief.